Terms and Conditions:
1. Eligibility - The competition and event is exclusively open to anyone 18 years of age and over who are employees of the following media agencies:
This competition is not open to members of the public who do not work for the companies listed above, or family members of such employees, Directors, Officers, or agents of Independent Newspapers (Ireland) Ltd.
2. Promoter - The Promoter is Independent Newspapers (Ireland) Ltd., having its registered office at Independent House, 27-32 Talbot St., Dublin 1.
3. Official Entry Forms - To enter this competition you must register and attend the event taking place on the 24th of November 2016. Time and location are TBC and will be released closer to the date. You will automatically receive an email with full details of the event nearer the event date when you register.
Photocopies of the application form will not be accepted, or entry forms sent to any address other than that stated on the entry form or entry forms sent by fax or e-mail will not be entitled to participate in the promotion.
Incomplete, illegible or late registrations for the event will not be accepted. Entry forms on which more than one person's name appears will not be accepted.
No responsibility will be accepted and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of entries, whether the correspondence relates to claims of entry forms being lost or delayed in the course of delivery or otherwise.
Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt and entry forms will not be returned.
4. Promotion address - Independent House, 27-32 Talbot St., Dublin 1
5. Personal Information - The Promoter will hold the entrant's personal information for the purposes of administering the promotion and, if the entrant has not opted out, for direct marketing of the promoter's goods and services. Entrants may be required to take part in promotional activities and the Promoter reserves the right to publish the entry, name, photograph and value of prizes paid to any entrants.
6. The winnings from this Competition - The total prize fund is 10,000 Euro. There will be two winners of this competition. They will each win a Classic ticket to Cannes Lions 2017, return flights and accommodation which will be booked on their behalf. The winners will be the persons who have answered the questions and completed the tasks set out at the event correctly and in the opinion of the judges, completes the tie-breaker in the most original way. The winner will be verified by our Independent adjudicator. There is no cash alternative for this prize.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility in the case of any disputes over the allocation of winnings from this promotion.
7. Agreement - The agreement exists between the Promoter and the successful entrants.
8. Tax Liability - Although such payment by the Promoter to an entrant may be exempt from tax liability, in the event of any tax liability arising, the entrant will bear sole responsibility for all (if any) taxes payable. The Promoter reserves the right to notify State authorities of the identity of the winner of this promotion.
9. Reserved Rights of the promoter - The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant, to add to, amend or waive any rule without prior notice to the entrant and, in the event of circumstances beyond its control, to cancel the promotion at any stage. 10. Limits to the promoters liability -The Promoter accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the promotion or the payment to an entrant.
11. Governing Law - This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. These terms and conditions do not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
12. Arbitration - Any dispute or disagreement concerning this promotion shall be referred to arbitration at the request of any party. In the event the appointment of an arbitrator cannot be agreed or is not agreed 14 days after any request for agreement is made, any party may request the president of the Law Society of Ireland to nominate an arbitrator over any such dispute or disagreement.
13. Terms and Conditions - By entering and participating in the promotion, entrants are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions, as determined exclusively by the Promoter, will result in disqualification.